portfolio      |       twitter      |       contact

Monday, September 21, 2009

BUSY BEE




Another busy weekend! I went to Igloo Letterpress's grand opening in Worthington on Saturday and talked to owner Allison Chapman about an internship this fall, and it looks like all plans are go! I'll be starting on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll have a bunch of cool stuff to share with you all from that! I've ALWAYS wanted to learn more about letterpress (I'd love to do freelance wedding invitations some day), so this is a fantastic opportunity. If you're in the Columbus area, I urge you to go check out Igloo Letterpress. It's a very cool shop and they're going to be offering some fantastic classes this autumn.

So this post is pretty random. I've just been experimenting a bit with type and ideas for a poster design I'll be starting on (very) soon. The Columbus Food & Wine Affair is holding a great little contest with CCAD to design some posters and other collateral for the events in the upcoming year. These little designs were just to get me in the right frame of mind. Hope everyone has a great day... tomorrow is the first official day of fall. Hooray!

3 comments:

Cassandra Cappello said...

Congrats on the internship! that is going to be so awesome for you!

I also love the tests that you have done with the wine and dine poster! good luck on that!

Alex Lyon said...

We these are just all so clean and simple. I like.

Rachel Dangerfield said...

Thank thank thank you both! I hope we can all get together this weekend. Maybe cheap dinner? I'll cross my fingers!