portfolio      |       twitter      |       contact

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cash It, Trash It, or Stash It


Hello everyone! Long time, no see. Things have been extraordinarily busy on my end. I'll be graduating in just a little over a month from now, so as you can imagine, I've been working my tail off trying to get everything done. I have so many great new projects to share with you, but for now I thought I'd tell you a little about this project I did with my dad, Dave Dangerfield.

He's an antique dealer, an auctioneer, an appraiser, and an all around great guy. Lately, he's been doing a lot of speaking events around the area where people bring in their antiques and he tells them about the history of it and what it could be worth. We were joking around one day about how essentially he tells these people whether they've got a hunk of garbage or some real treasure... and how sometimes the truth hurts! So, we decided it might be fun to start a blog-- Cash It, Stash it, or Trash It. Over the years, he's accumulated a lot of great stories and great advice on the ins and outs of antiques. We're still working on getting it properly rolling, but the idea is he writes about his experiences, as well as writes about pieces people send it to him to appraise.

4 comments:

Beebs said...

cute! love the idea...

Unknown said...

What a great idea ...and that bike is adorable

the NEO-traditionalist said...

Is it strange that I will be reading your dad's blog ALL THE TIME?! Love this idea. It will be so helpful to me on my flea market adventures!! XO Katie

StephanieD said...

Thanks for your help; you are far more talented than we should be able to afford!