portfolio      |       twitter      |       contact

Thursday, October 8, 2009

LOCAL MATTERS, ROUND TWO




Who says CCAD is an insanely tough school? Surely not I.

I recently shared the results from my Local Matters campaign with you. We turned them in last Thursday, and I was fairly happy with the results. Today, however, my professor let the class know that our fictional campaign was rejected by our clients and we needed to give them a totally new concept and look.

If it were a real assignment for a real client, I wouldn't mind. I would, of course, expect to need to do changes or develop a new concept. But I think it's a wee bit ridiculous to add another project to our already heavy workloads. It's quite a few more hours of work to just teach us a lesson.

I think what Local Matters does is fantastic though, so luckily, it was relatively easy to come up with a new idea. These are the beginnings of my quick solutions. I'll be writing and adding copy in the next few days, along with some other extensions.

What say you? Anyone have any advice or opinions on the design and headlines? I'm all ears.

*None of these photos were taken by me. If anyone knows who I can give credit to, let me know!*


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like where these are going. But I do think you should shoot your own photography. In the long run it will make your work stand out more and look more professional.

Rachel Dangerfield said...

I completely agree with you actually. I hate that I'm not using my own photography on these. Since we have so little time to do this project, I'm not sure whether I'll have the chance to shoot my own images. I hope I do though! I'm going to try and head out to a farmer's market this weekend. Only time will tell :)

Justine said...

I can't wait for them to announce the re-do tomorrow... NOT.

I love my campaign!

At least I figured it out a couple days ago but I'm still putting my best food forward on this round.