portfolio      |       twitter      |       contact

Monday, May 23, 2011

Keep Your Roots Local - Local Matters Logo

Well 'ello! How are you today? Good? I hope so. I hope where ever you are, the sun is shining.

Enough with the formalities.

I have things to tell you. I made this. The other day I saw that one of my favorite Columbus organizations, Local Matters was having a contest to design a logo and slogan for their annual local foods week. The prize is a summer of free produce, which I can definitely get down with. Go make something and enter! There's still nearly a week left.

Local Matters - Keep Your Roots Local

localmatterssketch

I almost always start a project out by sketching, but I rarely (if ever) show anyone the preliminary stages. Today is a special treat.

And I almost forgot! I have succumbed to the madness that is Twitter. I KNOW! Have I no standards?! Anywho, if you care to become amazing friends with me and potentially share a milkshake with two straws some day, you should hit me up. Here I am.

Take care, everyone.

4 comments:

Dave Armstrong said...

I'm always in favor of seeing sketches.

I'm going to enter a design that consists of a simple photo of a potato that has "badass" written under it in helvetica.

Emily Rickard said...

I love it Rachel, I hope you win! Free produce is the best prize I've ever heard of.

Unknown said...

beautiful logo, great seeing the sketch too. i agree free produce is the best prize ever!

Unknown said...

i love seeing the process! awesome logo!