portfolio      |       twitter      |       contact

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

HISTORIANS - NEW WORLD, OLD FLAME

This morning I had a minute to snap some quick (crummy... I apologize) photos from a fun project I recently finished up.






I went to high school with a couple talented musicians who both happened to land in Columbus. Both are members of a fantastic band called Historians. They needed some CD artwork for their EP, New World, Old Flame and I was happy to help them out. Mike Puncekar did a fantastic job on the ink illustrations. The case is a trifold with a pocket so the CD slips securely in the last panel's pocket. Classy.

Historians - myspace - bandcamp - facebook

4 comments:

Dave Armstrong said...

maybe if you play your cards right, you'll be allowed to give some creative input on the artwork for one of Bef Joos' many many albums.

Rachel Dangerfield said...

Here's what I'm thinking... this is just off the top of my head...

An upside down flaming piano; hundreds... nay, thousands of tiny elves playing on a variety of circus apparatuses; and the top of Jake's delightfully hairless head creating a kind of hill that all this is taking place. And three giant 5 legged cats.

Just something simple. The music will speak for itself.

shopgirl said...

Just stumbled upon your blog. Great job on this CD cover. I really like the muted tones with the splashes of colour.

Cheers!

Josephine said...

what a cool cover! i love illustrations of old buildings and cityscapes.