portfolio      |       twitter      |       contact

Thursday, February 4, 2010

REPURPOSED CHILDREN'S BOOK



I mentioned a few days ago that I've been interested in repurposing damaged and unappreciated books into things that can be loved again. When I found this classic children's book sitting sadly in a trash pile, I knew it had to be saved! About half the pages on the inside were torn or cut apart, rendering the book unreadable. The other half of the pages were perfect though, so I carefully pulled them out of the book and made them into a small stationary set to be used once more.

I was worried people might be upset or insulted by me pulling books apart, but I truly make sure that the books I use are beyond reading or donating condition before I do these things.


Tomorrow is Friday and I am oh-so-excited! I think next Monday I'll share my Valentine's from the past few years with you all!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Adore this!! I think it is a great idea to make it new again to be treasured :)

Jane said...

this is wonderful, yet again. looking forward to seeing your past valentine's.

Jayni said...

I think this is a lovely idea! Giving new life to an old object.

E said...

You just made me happy :)

JMay said...

Awesome idea & you give it a personal touch too :-)

Melissa Blake said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! You've got a beautiful one!

Sarah S. Dobbs said...

these are amazing! Great find

xx

S.S. Dobbs

the style crusader said...

this is so lovely! i would love to get my hands on some. i think it is a great way to recycle books that are unwanted and unusable. such a great idea! xx

Unknown said...

wao, I just found your blog and I totally love this idea, I also repurpose grocery paper bags into cool envelopes, but the children's book idea is so awesome, btw love your blog :) u mind if I post your idea in my blog?

Rachel Dangerfield said...

Of course, Jeanelle! Post away :)
Glad you liked the idea! Grocery bags sounds pretty brilliant too!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo cute! I'd die to see a step by step!

Jessica Ferron said...

These are lovely! Who would be upset to see such a clever way to re-purpose something into beauty once again? I'd love to see a DIY on this :)

And thank you a thousand for visiting my little blog. Glad I found yours!