portfolio      |       twitter      |       contact

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

SLEEP to DREAM


I'm sure you've all heard by now how much I LOVE hand drawn type (take a look around... it's everywhere... I just can't seem to help myself!). So, this was my project for last night! My poor (patient) boyfriend sketched and watched Dirty Jobs with me while I painstakingly tweaked all the lines in Illustrator. Don't worry... we rewarded all our hard work with pancakes and omelets afterwards.

I'm thinking about making this a print... I think it would be cute in a bedroom. Not sure if these are the colors I'll stick with though... I am one fickle designer, let me tell you!

This isn't all I've been working on though... and I can't wait to show you the rest! This coming Monday will be a kind of mini launch of Little Aviary! I'm excited... and nervous... and my tummy gets all jittery... every time i think about it! Eek!

6 comments:

LAUREN said...

i've recently become obsessed with typography - i think the print would be darling in a bedroom (above the bed!) i'm not a big fan of purple, but it definitely is a good "sleepy" color!
just found your blog - it's adorable! happy new year, keep blogging!

Quinn said...

This font is awesome, especially the t. Hope your new year is going good so far.

Sincerely,
Lunch table acquaintance

Henley on the Horn said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to hear about the launch of Little Aviary!

the NEO-traditionalist said...

This is gorgeous! And I LOVE the new Little Aviary header. Darling!
XX Kate

Unknown said...

way lovely handwriting :)

Unknown said...

Rachel, I just stumbled upon your blog & totally love work, do you mind if I post your handwriting work in my blog, lately i've been experimenting with mine, and yours totally inspire me :)